Kimono Wearing Experience
- Chance to explore Kyoto in traditional Japanese dress
- Multitudes of designs & colours available to choose from
- Unique way to experience the world of classical fashion
- Ample photo opportunities with nearby temples & museums
- Convenient luggage storage while sightseeing in Kyoto
Select this option for Kimono hire only.
Kimono Hire with Hair Arrangement
Select this option for Kimono hire and a professional hair arrangement service.
Kimono Hire with Hair Arrangement & Professional Photoshoot
Select this option for kimono hire with a professionally assisted hair arrangement and 2 photos mounted on a paper frame.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Opening hours are 10 AM - 6 PM daily. Rentals must be returned by 6 PM.
- Next-day return, or hotel pick-up for rented kimonos or yukatas, is available for an additional fee, which can be arranged on the day of the activity.
- Kimonos will be provided in winter, and yukatas will be provided in summer.
What you can expect
Get to know the traditions of Japanese classical dress with a chance to try on an iconic kimono for the day. This hire gives you the ability to experience the unique world of fashion that developed here over the centuries, right in the heart of one of the country's most historic cities.
With more than 120 years' worth of history and a tremendous variety of colours and designs on offer, your hosts can help you find the perfect kimono. You can get fitted with a complete ensemble including an obi belt and Japanese sandals, leave your belongings in a safe storage space if you like, and then set out to enjoy the sights of Kyoto.
The venue's location in the midst of the city centre leaves you plenty of opportunity to explore its historic beauty. You're just a quick walk to the underground stop at Shijo Station and the venerable Nishiki Market, and you can visit some of the most famous places in the old imperial capital before you return the kimono at the end of the day.